Thursday, June 6, 2013

Stan Hitchcock-View From The Front Porch-June 5, 2013

Just returned from The Renunion Of Professional Entertainers (ROPE) annual show, and it was an absolute sell out. Got hugs from Jan Howard, Helen Cornelius, Diane Sherrill, Kelly Lang, Bill Anderson, Jim Ed Brown, T Graham Brown, Charlie Monk, Jimmy Payne, Tommy Cash, Ron Elliott and Leslie Elliott, Little Bobby Lewis and Bobby G Rice...a pat on the back from Mac Wiseman (he was busy signing autographs), all the Statesiders, setting up for the Mel Tillis Show, hugged and slapped backs, it was an incredible event and I'm about hugged and slapped plum out.

Then we had the pleasure of meeting the fans, signing pictures and autographs and shaking many,many hands. I can't tell you how many of the folks that came up and said, "We read your Front Porch Stories every day." Some of the fans had old pictures of us from long ago, some albums and one lady had several pieces of my sheet music with pictures and lyrics to some of my old records.

ROPE is an incredible organization, and any one that thinks Classic Country Music is dead....well, it dang sure wasn't dead today! Mel Tillis just blew every one away with his show and great show band.

Many people told me that appreciated the work I have done, for a long time, to keep the Classic Artists and their music never forgotten. Well, thank you folks, I do it because I love the people and the music they have created, forever fresh, and straight to the heart of all of us who love it.

Stan

No comments:

Post a Comment