Monday, September 23, 2013

Stan Hitchcock-View From The Front Porch-September 23, 2013

Good to be back home again, if only for a couple of days. We leave Wednesday for Raleigh, NC, to be a part of the International Bluegrass Music Association-World of Bluegrass Celebration. Our cable network, BlueHighways TV is one of the sponsors of the event, and we will have a booth at the Trade Show. On Saturday I will be emceeing the morning portion of the Stage Show and then we head back here on Sunday, to be home for two days and then head for Wisconsin. I've got a Songwriters Group, in LaCrosse, where I am gonna be appearing, Wednesday, October the 9th, to tell a few stories, sing a few songs and show some of my Songwriter Videos from all the years of Heart to Heart. Videos of Mel Tillis, Bill Anderson, Tom T Hall, Glenn Sutton and Wayne Carson...telling the songwriting stories and doing some of their great original songs. The footage I have of these Masters is just incredible. I believe that the best way to become a successful songwriter is to study the Masters of the Craft, and learn from them. Songwriting is not just an accident, it is a craft, a God given talent, and it takes a lot of work to do it right. My friend Dan Berger is hosting the event and I'm looking forward to meeting the songwriters in the LaCrosse area.

So, we have a very busy schedule for the next 30 days, and about 3,000 miles or so to travel to get it done. But, like the old saying goes, "I'd sure rather wear out, than rust out." C'mon darlin' let's hit the road.  Stan

No comments:

Post a Comment