Thursday, September 12, 2013

Stan Hitchcock-View From The Music/Fishing Room-September 11, 2013

Sitting here with the laptop, working on some of my favorite Heart to Heart moments. This is the late and great Hank Thompson, one of my all time music heroes, telling me how he came to record "Wild Side Of Life", and many other great stories of the beginnings of country music. Before this, I was watching Little Jimmy Dickens and Ferlin Husky, tell how they came to be the Legends that they are. All of these special moments of music and music history are from the "Heart to Heart Collection dvd's". Oh what moments I have been blessed to spend with the true heroes of our music. There will never be another generation of entertainers like these giants. They raised me with the love of their music, I grew up with it, and lived to know them as friends....it don't get no better than that. I am so thankful that before they could no longer perform or had passed, I was able to get the stories and songs that mean the world to a true classic country fan. Legends like these and Dan Seals, Sammi Smith, Keith Whitley and Buck Owens. So, now you know how I spend my nights...revisiting my old friends.   Stan

No comments:

Post a Comment